I love online tools. I experiment with several tools every week, but not many are very impressive. I always look for tools that can save me time and allow me to do several things at once. So with that thought: Wouldn’t it be great if there was a tool that allowed you to monitor and update your Facebook page, fan pages, LinkedIn and Twitter all at the same time from within a web browser? I have been playing with a new tool for the last week. Actually, I signed up for the account about a year ago and never used it. The tool is called HootSuite (www.hootsuite.com) and I am starting to like it…
How I am using it
HootSuite allows me to monitor a lot of information in one browser window:
- Both of my Twitter accounts
- My Facebook page
- My Facebook fan page
- My LinkedIn network
- Personalized Twitter searches so I can see when certain words are Tweeted
- Twitter lists so I can monitor conversations of specific ‘Tweeters”
More than just monitoring
- Save Time: With HootSuite I can type one message and have it appear on all on my social networks
- Keep it short: Twitters 140 character limit is hard to stay within when you copy long website urls. HootSuite will shrink those urls with a click on the mouse.
- Timely: Do you have information that needs to be provided on a particular day? at a particular time? Use the scheduling feature to schedule when you posts will be made on your various social networks.
- Statistics: HootSuite provides you with statistics on how many time your links were clicked on. I have used bit.ly before to do this ( I still love bit.ly!) But it is so convenient to have the tracking within HootSuite.
- There is a lot more HootSuite can do, but those are the highlights that I am using right now.
There are other tools like this available, but HootSuite is quickly become my tool of choice. Here are a few other tools to consider that I am using:
What are you using?
What tools to you using to build stronger relationships, monitor your brand, or increase the effectiveness of your communications?